Listen, Learn, Act
Most of us know that social media gives brands the critical opportunity (and necessity) of listening to consumers.
Consumers often take the lead from the brands whether it’s identifying an emerging style or simply figuring out what to have for dinner.
Brands often take the lead from consumers by identifying influencers and leaders within their target demographic and employing their newfound knowledge to improve their products and services.
Either way, there is a lot of listening and action taking place on both ends.
So, how can brands more effectively take advantage of this listening process?
A lot of apps and platforms give brands the chance to see what their customers are interested in so they can adjust their products, services, activities, and even social media content to fit their customers’ wants and interests.
Here are 5 popular apps and platforms for brands to use as a stethoscope to a listen to consumers’ heart’s desires and to learn from their target demographic.
- Real estate agents can take their own photos and share other’s photo that chronicle home buyer’s and seller’s path to success.
- Identify the most popular Instagram accounts and monitor their content. They may be spearheading their ideas in an unforeseen direction.
- Share and exchange photographs followers to spark and maintain interest and excitement in products, events, and services.
- Discover what people are eating and what recipes they are interested in trying so restaurants can adjust their menus to fit their hungry customer’s desires.
- Find out what restaurant, nightlife, and entertainment attractions are bringing in serious customers.
- Respond constructively to customer reviews.
- Pinpoint arts & crafts, interests and hobbies so financial institutions can offer money tips that allow consumers to further pursue those endeavors.
- Motivate independent clothing and fashion designers to design new, fun, and creative lines of work.
- Search for similar uses who are aligned with the same audience and industry.
- Listen in on conversations to find out what hot topics and current events people are focusing on and adjust social media content accordingly.
- Realtors can find out what home buyers want in a home and what obstacles they are facing in their home buying endeavors.
- Identify common complaints and problems within a particular area or industry so companies can position themselves as solution leaders.
This list is “just getting started” as there are literally thousands of apps and platforms, and just as many industries that can take advantage of them. The overall message is to listen and learn.
What would you add to this list?